Control of Spontaneous Processes
- 518 Downloads
We study two novel ways of modifying and controlling spontaneous emission: the first way is by mimicking the properties of a squeezed vacuum reservoir by means of a stochastic field, and the second is by mimicking the effects of quantum interference in a Vee three-level system by exploiting the cavity environment. In the latter case, by pre-selecting the polarization, we ensure that the dipole moments of the two transitions are effectively parallel.
KeywordsMaster Equation Cavity Mode Quantum Interference Cavity Field Atomic Dipole
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. J. Carmichael,Phys. Rev. Lett. 58 2539 (1987);Google Scholar
- 3.G. Vemuri, Phys. Rev. A 41, 2749 (1990); 50, 2599 (1994); P. Zhou and S. Swain, ibid, 58, 4705 (1998).Google Scholar
- 4.N. G. van Kampen, “Stochastic Processes in Physics and Chemistry” (North Holland, Amsterdam, 1981), Chapter XIV; Physics Rep. 24 171 (1976), and references therein.Google Scholar
- 8.Q. Wu ,Phys. Rev. A 49 R1519; 50 1474 (1994)Google Scholar
- 9.E. Arimondo, in Progress in Optics, North Holland, Amsterdam, 1996, p.257; J. P. Marangos, J. mod. Optics, 45, 471 (1998).Google Scholar
- 13.D. A. Cardimona, M. G. Raymer and C. R. Stroud Jr., J. Phys. B 15, 65 (1982); G. C. Hegerfeldt and M. B. Plenio, Phys. Rev. A 46, 373 (1992).Google Scholar
- 15.S. Y. Zhu and M. O. Scully, Phys. Rev. Lett. 76, 388 (1996); E. Paspalakis and P. L. Knight, Phys. Rev. Lett. 81, 293 (1998).Google Scholar
- 19.P. R. Berman, Phys. Rev. A 55, 4886 (1998).Google Scholar
- 20.M. O. Scully, S. Y. Zhu and A. Gavrielides, Phys. Rev. Lett. 62, 2813 (1989). M. Fleischauer, C. H. Keitel, L. M. Narducci, M. O. Scully, S. Y. Zhu and M. S. Zubairy, Opt. Commun. 94, 599 (1992); S. Y. Zhu, L. M. Narducci and M. O. Scully, Phys. Rev. A 52, 4791 (1995); G. S. Agarwal, Phys. Rev. A 54, R3734 (1996).Google Scholar
- 21.P. Zhou and S. Swain, Opt. Commun. - to be publishedGoogle Scholar
- 23.P. Zhou and S. Swain, Phys. Rev. A 58 1515 (1998), and references therein.Google Scholar