High Efficiency Frequency Up-Conversion Enhanced by Electromagnetically Induced Transparency
- 524 Downloads
Electromagnetically induced transparency (EIT) can enhance the conversion efficiency of a resonant four-wave mixing scheme. This is demonstrated for a scheme in Kr resulting in the generation of a field at 123.6 mn. The absolute VUV radiation yield was measured using a calibrated photodiode in the limit of a large density-length product. Energies of 30 ~ nJ per pulse were produced, with an energy conversion efficiency from the coupling field of ~ 1%. Higher yields are thought to be achievable by the use of a transform limited UV pulse of the same duration as the coupling field and by increasing the coupling laser intensity and the path length in the medium.
KeywordsPulse Energy Rabi Frequency Coupling Field Doppler Width Coupling Laser
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.G. Hilbig, and R. Wallenstein, IEEE J. Quantum Electron., QE-19, 194 (1983)Google Scholar
- 7.J.C.Petch, C.H.Keitel, P.L.Knight and J.P.Marangos, Phys.Rev.A, 53, 543 (1996)Google Scholar
- 9.W.R.Hindmarsh and J.M.Farr, Progress in Quantum Electronics, ed J.H.Sanders and S.Stenholm, (2, 141, Pergamon, New York, 1972 )Google Scholar
- 10.U.S Department of Commerce, National Bureau of Standards, Report of Test, P.O. C3XD 9607400 (1987)Google Scholar
- 11.Harris.S.E and Z: F.Luo, Phys.Rev.A, 52, R928 (1995)Google Scholar