Mirrorless Oscillation Based on Resonantly Enhanced 4-Wave Mixing: All-Order Analytic Solutions
- 525 Downloads
The phase transition to mirrorless oscillation in resonantly enhanced four-wave mixing in double-Λ systems are studied analytically for the ideal case of infinite lifetimes of ground-state coherences. The stationary susceptibilities are obtained in all orders of the generated fields and analytic solutions of the coupled nonlinear differential equations for the field amplitudes are derived and discussed.
KeywordsField Amplitude Electromagnetically Induce Transparency Density Matrix Element Driving Field Pump Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.for a review on EIT see: S. E. Harris, Physics Today 50, 36 (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.H. Schmidt and A. Imamoglu, Opt. Lett. 21, 1936 (1996), A. Imamoglu, H. Schmidt, G. Woods, and M. Deutsch, Phys.Rev.Lett. 79, 1467 (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.M. Werner, and A. Imamoglu, preprint quant-ph/9902005Google Scholar
- 10.A. S. Zibrov, M. D. Lukin, and M. O. Scully, Phys.Rev.Lett. 83 (1999), in pressGoogle Scholar
- 12.M. D. Lukin, P. R. Hemmer, M. O. Scully, in Adv. At. Mol. and Opt. Physics, 42B, 347 ( Academic Press, Boston, 1999 )Google Scholar
- 15.M. Fleischhauer, M. D. Lukin, A. B. Matsko, and M. O. Scully, preprint quantph/9907032Google Scholar
- 16.M. Abramowitz and I. A. Stegun, “Handbook of Mathematical Functions”, ( Thun, Frankfurt/Main, 1984 )Google Scholar