Summary and Conclusion
- 506 Downloads
ESL design promises to overcome the limitations of designing complex integrated circuits and systems at the RTL. The related system model allows for an early system exploration and verification. This model is used as a golden reference for subsequent design stages. So, its correct and reliable creation is a key issue for successful ESL design. Currently, ESL verification consists of a large variety of techniques such as simulation, semi-formal verification, and formal verification. Although formal approaches get an increasing attention and application, simulation is still the predominant verification technique to ensure the functional design correctness. Design concepts like objectorientation, borrowed from software development, and TLM have boosted the design productivity at the ESL over the last years. In parallel, the verification productivity falls behind whereas pinpointing the failure-causing bug still remains an unsystematic and time-consuming process. So, it becomes important not only to find many errors early during development. Rather, new methods and approaches have to be provided that improve and support an automation of debugging.
KeywordsExploring Systems Earth Subsequent Design Stages Semi-formal Verification Reliable Creation Related Model Systems
- PC95.C. Potter and T. Cory. CAST Tools: An Evaluation and Comparison. Bloor Research Group, 1995.Google Scholar
- Das00.M. Das. Static Analysis of Large Programs (Invited Talk) (Abstract only): Some Experiences. In ACM/SIGPLAN Workshop Partial Evaluation and Semantics-Based Program Manipulation, p. 1, 2000.Google Scholar
- CDT.Eclipse CDT Project Homepage. [Online], http://www.eclipse.org/cdt accessed September 2008.
- ARM.ARM Ltd. RealView Development Suite Homepage. [Online], http://www.arm.com accessed October 2008.
- CoWare.CoWare Inc. Platform Architect Homepage. [Online], http://www.coware.com accessed July 2008.