Development of Oat Breeding Methods
- 74 Downloads
My topic is the development of oat and plant breeding methods. I will start with a short history of important ideas and reports, laying the ground work for current oat breeding approaches. The bulk of my report will describe and discuss, in a critical way, the philosophies and approaches currently in use and the technology that may become available to the breeder in the future.
KeywordsSingle Seed Descent Crown Rust Land Race Yield Plot Performance Nursery
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Coffman FA: in, FA Coffman (ed.), Oat and oat improvement. American Society of Agronomy, Madison, WI, pp.15–17, 1961.Google Scholar
- 2.Allard RW: Principles of Plant Breeding. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1966.Google Scholar
- 3.Carleton MA: IN, LH Bailey (ED.), Small Grains. Macmillan Company, New York, 1916.Google Scholar
- 5.Fischer RA: Trans. Royal Soc. Edinburgh 52, 399–433, 1918.Google Scholar
- 10.Habgood RM and BC Clifford, In, JF Jenkyn and RT Plumb (EDS), Strategies for the Control of Cereal Diseases. Blackwell Scientific, Oxford, pp. 15–25, 1981.Google Scholar
- 12.Helsel DB and RK Skrdla: Z. Pflanzenzuchtg. 90, 316–323, 1983.Google Scholar
- 13.Pederson DG and AJ Rathjen: Eighth Annual Australian Plant Breeding Conference, Adelaide, South Australia, 1983.Google Scholar
- 14.Brown CM and H Jedlinski: Crop Science 23, P. 1012, 1983.Google Scholar
- 15.Brown CM: Personal Communication, 1985.Google Scholar
- 16.Peacock WJ: Eighth Annual Australian Plant Breeding Conference, Adelaide, South Australia, 1983.Google Scholar