A Nonlinear Feedback Control Law for Attitude Control
- 420 Downloads
Nonlinear feedback control laws are proposed for large angle attitude maneuvers of a rigid satellite by using pulsed thrusters and reaction wheels. The kinematic equations in the quaternions parametrization together with the Euler dynamical equations constitute the mathematical model of the system under study. The design of the control law is based on the nonlinear input-output decoupling input-output linearization and linear pole placement theories. Simulation results are discussed.
KeywordsLarge angle attitude control nonlinear attitude control linearization stabilization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Wertz: Spacecraft attitude determination and control.Google Scholar
- V. Zoubov: Théorie de la commande. Editions Mir, 1978.Google Scholar
- M.A.H. Dempster, G.M. Couple: ‘Investigation of the stability of satellite large angle attitude maneuvers using nonlinear optimization methods’. Proceedings of the IFAC/ESA Symposium on Automatic Control in Space. ESTEC, Noordwyk, 1982.Google Scholar
- P.E. Crouch, N. Carmichael. A. Isidori and S. Monaco: ‘Application of linear analytic system theory to attitude control’. european Space Agency Contract Report, prepared by Applied Systems Studies, 19 Tackem’ Drive, Finham, Coventry U.K., 1981.Google Scholar
- S. Monaco and S. Stornelli: ‘A nonlinear feedback control law for attitude control’. Report 12–84 of the “Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica”, Sept. 1984.Google Scholar
- Singh and Araujo:’Asymptotic reproducibility in nonlinear systems and attitude control of Gyrostats’.IEEE Trans. Aerosp. and Elect. Syst., March 1984.Google Scholar