Symmetries and Local Controllability
- 421 Downloads
In this paper we review some results concerning the local controllability of nonlinear control systems. We stress those results which are most closely related to the existence of certain symmetries, including results by the authors and H. J. Sussmann. We also comment on the relation between this work and generalizations of Lie group theory to semigroups and Lie wedges.
KeywordsVector Field Local Controllability Homogeneous Element Closed Convex Cone Nonlinear Control System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bianchini and G. Stef ani, “Normal Local Controllability of Order One” — preprint, Facolta’ di Ingegnevia Universita di Firenze.Google Scholar
- 2.P. Brunovsky, “Local Controllability of Odd Systems,” Banach Center Publications, Warsaw, Poland, Vol. 1, (1974), pp. 39–45.Google Scholar
- 3.C. Chevalley, The Theory of Lie Groups, Princeton University Press, Princeton Mathematical Series No. 8, (1946).Google Scholar
- 4.P. E. Crouch and C. I. Byrnes, “Local Accessibility, Local Reachability, and Representations of Compact Groups,” preprint, Department of Electrical Engineering, Arizona State University, Tempe (1985).Google Scholar
- 6.P. E. Crouch and F. Lamnabhi, “Local Controllability About a Reference Trajectory,” Proc. 24th C.D.C./I.E.E.E. meeting Fort Lauderdale 1985.Google Scholar
- 8.R. W. Goodmann, Nil potent Lie Groups, Structure and Applications to Analysis, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, No. 562, Springer Verlag, 1976.Google Scholar
- 11.K. H. Hofmann and J. D. Lawson, “On Sophus Lie’s Fundamental Theorems, II,” to appear in Indag. Math. (1982).Google Scholar
- 17.G. Stefani, “On Local Controllability and Related Topics,” preprint, Facolta di Ingegneria Universita di Firenze.Google Scholar
- 18.G. Stef ani, “Local Properties of Nonlinear Control Systems,” preprint, Facolta di Ingegneria Universita di Firenze.Google Scholar
- 20.H. J. Sussmann, “A General Theorem on Local Controllability,” preprint, Mathematics Dept. Rutgers University, New Brunswick, (1985).Google Scholar
- 22.J. Hilgert and K. H. Hofmann, “On Sophus Lie’s Fundamental Theorems,” preprint, Technische Hochschule Darmstodt, (1984).Google Scholar