Geometric structure of conjugacy classes in algebraic groups
- 151 Downloads
These notes reflect rather faithfully the lectures given at the conference. Their aim was to provide a — not too technical — introduction to the topic of the title. For details the reader can consult the cited literature.
KeywordsConjugacy Class Algebraic Group Weyl Group Maximal Torus Closed Subgroup
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BBM]W. Borho, J.-L. Brylinski, R. MacPherson, Nilpotent orbits, primitive ideals, and characteristic classes, Birkhäuser, 1989.Google Scholar
- [Bo]A. Borel et al., Seminar on algebraic groups and related finite groups, Lect. Notes in Math. no. 131, 2nd ed., Springer, 1986.Google Scholar
- [Ca]R.W. Carter, Finite groups of Lie type, Wiley, 1985.Google Scholar
- [SI]P. Slodowy, Simple singularities and simple algebraic groups. Lect. Notes in Math. no. 815, Springer, 1980.Google Scholar
- [Spa]N. Spaltenstein, Classes unipotentes et sous-groupes de Borel, Lect. Notes in Math. no. 946, Springer, 1982.Google Scholar
- [Spr]T.A. Springer, Linear algebraic groups, Birkhäuser, 1981.Google Scholar