Polyesters in the construction industry
- 252 Downloads
Technologies offered by unsaturated polyesters to the construction industry are directed at specific areas such as anchoring grouts, resin mortars and concretes, coatings and lighting sealants. The properties that make unsaturated polyesters more useful for construction are (Boeing, 1964; Demmler and Schlag, 1971; Manson, 1985):
rapid strength gain
excellent abrasion resistance;
high impact strength
excellent compressive strength.
KeywordsCompressive Strength Construction Industry Polyester Resin Diethylene Glycol Unsaturated Polyester
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ACI (1985) A Guide to the use of Waterproofing,Damp Proofing,Protective and Decorative Barriers for Concrete, Committee 515,American Concrete Institute,Detroit,MI.Google Scholar
- ACI Committee 548 (1993) Guide for Polymer Concrete Overlays, ACI Materials Journal (Sept.—Oct.), 504.Google Scholar
- Boeing, H.V. (1964) Unsaturated Polyesters Elsevier, Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Boeing, H.V. (1969) Polyesters, unsaturated, in Encyclopedia of Polymer Science and Technolog y, Volume 11, (ed. N.M. Bikales), Interscience, New York, pp. 129–68.Google Scholar
- Demmler, K. and Schlag, J. (1971) Accelerators for polyester resins. Journal Schlag Farb und Lock 77, 224.Google Scholar
- Fosroc International (undated a) Chemical Anchoring in the Construction Industry information module, Birmingham, UK.Google Scholar
- Fosroc International (undated b) Data sheet for trade-scale product Nitoseal 290’, a flexible polyester loop and lighting sealant. Technical literature, Birmingham, UK.Google Scholar
- Makhlouf, J. (1982) Polyesters, unsaturated, in Kirk Othomer Encyclopaedia of Chemical Technology Volume 18,Interscience, New York, pp. 575–94.Google Scholar
- Manson, J.A. (1985) Unsaturated polyesters, in McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology Vol. 14, 6th edn., McGraw-Hill, New York, pp. 130–2.Google Scholar
- O’Connor, D.N. and Saiidi, M. (1993) Polyester concrete for bridge deck overlays. Concrete International (December), pp. 36–39.Google Scholar
- Schik, J.P. (1993) Heidelberg South Sewage Treatment Plant: anticorrosion protection with unsaturated polyester resin. Resin News (July), pp. 52–54.Google Scholar
- Shaw, J.D.N. (1993a) Polymers for concrete repair, in The Repair of Concrete Structures (ed. S.C. Edwards), Blackie Academic & Professional, Glasgow, pp. 37–55.Google Scholar
- Shaw, J.D.N. (1993b) Rapid strength development materials for airport maintenance. Construction Maintenance and Repair (Jan./Feb.), 19–21.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 1998