Interaction of Platinum(II), Palladium(II) and Mercury(II) Salts with Histidine (His) and/or Cysteine (Cys) Containing Peptides
- 255 Downloads
The study of the interaction of heavy metal salts and especially of Pt(II) with small peptides containing Cys and/or His is of great interest for the following reasons: Despite the fact that the antitumor drug cis-DDP (cis-Pt(NH3)2Cl2) and its analogues exhibit their activity through interaction with cellular DNA , it also reacts with other body constituents and especially with sulfhydrylic groups (-SH) of peptides and proteins ; also with His moieties of His containing peptides or proteins, since this aminoacid is perhaps the most important of all, being in the active site of many enzymes or of metal transport proteins . Such reactions are believed to be the cause of toxicity of the drug and are not fully understood.
KeywordsField Shift Free Peptide Nuclear Overhauser Effect Spectroscopy Heteronuclear Multiple Bond Connectivity Metal Transport Protein
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Tsiveriotis, P., Hadjiliadis, N., and Stavropoulos, G. (1996) NMR study of the interaction of platinum(II) and palladium(II) complex ions with His-Ala and His-Gly-Ala, submitted for publication.Google Scholar
- 6.Magafa, V., Stavropoulos, G., Tsiveriotis, P., and Hadjiliadis, N. (1996) Interaction of Hg(II) with tetrapeptides containing cysteinyl and histidinyl residues, submitted for publication.Google Scholar
- 14.Du Vigneaud, V., and Behrens, O.K. (1937) Method for protecting the inmidazole ring of histidiue during certain reactions and its application to the preparation of 1-amino-N-methylhistiine, J. Biol. Chem. 117, 27–36.Google Scholar
- 16.Ueyama, N., Nakata, M., and Nakamura, A. (1981) Specific chelation of tetrapeptide containing two cysteine residues to palladium(II). Inorg. Chim. Acta 55, L61-L62.Google Scholar
- 20.Agarwal, R.P., and Perrin, D.D (1975) Stability constants of complexes of copper(II) ions with some histidine peptides. J. Chem. Soc. Dalton Trans. 268–272.Google Scholar
- 21.Brookes, G., and Pettit, L.D. (1975) Thermodynamics of formation of complexes of copper(II) and Nickel(II) ions with glycylhistidine, β-alanylhistidine, and histidylglycine. J. Chem. Soc. Dalron Trans., 2112–2117.Google Scholar
- 29.Appleton, T.G., Bailey, A.J., Bedgood Jr., D.R., and Hall, J.R. (1994) Amino acid complexes of palladium(II). 1. NMR study of the reactions of the diaqua(ethylenediamine)palladium(II) cation with ammonia, betaine and the aminoacids +NH3(CH2)nCO2 (n=l-3), Inorg. Chem. 33, 217–226.CrossRefGoogle Scholar