Evolutionary Connections among Massive Stars — An Observer’s Perspective
- 111 Downloads
B[e] supergiants are considered to be the evolutionary descendants of rapidly rotating massive stars. While B[e] supergiants populate a region of the HRD which overlaps with that of other massive stars, such as normal AB supergiants and Luminous Blue Variables (LBVs), it has yet to be established how they fit in with evolutionary scenarios for massive stars. I propose several observational tests.
KeywordsMassive Star Surface Abundance Stellar Parameter Evolutionary Connection Luminous Blue Variable
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gummersbach, CA., 1994, Diplomarbeit, University of HeidelbergGoogle Scholar
- Heydari-Malayeri, M., 1990, A&A, 1990, 234Google Scholar
- Langer, N., 1997, ASP Conf. Ser., 120, 83 Maeder, A., 1997, ASP Conf. Ser., 120, 374Google Scholar
- Najarro, F., Hillier, D.J., Stahl, O., 1997, preprintGoogle Scholar
- Zickgraf, F.-J., Wolf, B., Stahl, O., Leitherer, C, Klare, G., 1985, A&A, 143, 212Google Scholar