We have seen the importance of having references in order to be able to fight homophobia or to encourage people of diverse sexual orientation to make their situation visible in specific environments. The advantage produced by having a knowledge of the LGBT experience when normalizing social relationships with this community has also been discussed, an aspect that will be explored in more depth with regard to family, school, and workplace environments in the second section of this book. In any event, the primary channels for creating knowledge and introducing references into society are via the media, and therefore it is of vital importance to take care of the informative content about the LGBT community in the media. It is not just a question of appearing in the newspapers, on television, in films, and online; the treatment of the news or story that is published is also crucial.
KeywordsSexual Orientation Gender Identity Bisexual Woman Lesbian Couple Queer Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 14.Danuta Walters, S. 2001. All The Rage. University of Chicago Press.Google Scholar
- 19.Hidalgo, S. 16 May 2008. Homo y rural. O cómo ser gay en una localidad de La Mancha Diario Público.Google Scholar
- 29.González de Garay, B. 1 June 2011. El destino en sus manos: ficción televisiva interactiva, feminismo y valores sociales. Universidad Complutense de Madrid.Google Scholar
- 41.ieOout meeting. 25 October 2010. An exhibition of Jordi González y José Luis Lázaro.Google Scholar
- 47.Turiel, J.M. Diciembre, 2009. La edición y el acceso a la literatura y los materiales GLTBQ. Universitat de Barcelona.Google Scholar
- 48.Kosofsky, E. 1990. Epistemology of the Closet. University of California Press.Google Scholar
- 49.De Lauretis, T. 1989. Technologies of Gender. Essays on Theory, Film and Fiction. London: Macmillan Press.Google Scholar
- 50.Wittig, M. 2006. The Heterosexual Thinking. Egales.Google Scholar
- 51.Butler, J. 2009. Language, Power and Identity. Síntesis.Google Scholar
- 52.Preciado, B. 2002. Manifiesto Contra-Sexual. Pensamiento. Ópera Prima.Google Scholar
- 53.Preciado, B. 2008. Testo Yonqui. Espasa.Google Scholar